Over the course of this 200 hr Mantra Yoga Teacher Training you will explore:
share what you love
E-RYT 500, YACEP, Reiki I
Marlena’s journey began in 1999 after many years of fitness routines with repetitive movements her joints had suffered. Her physical pain caused her to reevaluate her approach to wellness and explore yoga. She found the Vinyasa practices to be both dynamic and physically challenging however, what she ultimately found was a pathway to the benefits of yoga on a deeper level.
Her personal practice not only helped her body, it allowed her to peel back the many energetic layers to reveal the work required to resolve her PTSD. Through her practice she was able to control panic attacks, reprogram her nervous system and open her heart. Her practice saved her when she felt broken, changing her life for the better. She recognized that many others suffer quietly and is deeply committed to be of service to others in sharing the benefits of yoga.
Marlena’s practice is one of continual study and growth. She continues to explore the depths of the practice physically, mentally and spiritually. She fills her time with study in trainings and intensives with many teachers and styles of practice. She currently holds certifications in: PranaVayu II with David Magone, Yin Yoga I with Josh Summers, Core Strength Vinyasa with Sadie Nardini, Balanced Athlete I with Johnny Gillespie.
Additionally she has completed 300 hrs of Advanced Teacher Training with Jacqui Bonwell with a focus in western science and movement modality and another 300 hrs with Raghunath Cappo with a focus on yogic philosophy, Ayurveda, Thai Massage and advanced asana.
She is fortunate to have studied in-depth through intensives with David Vendetti, Shiva Rea, Beryl Bender Birch and other world renowned teachers in addition to many talented local teachers.
Marlena’s classes combine the science of modern movement modalities with ancient eastern wisdom and philosophy Her classes are designed for all levels of practitioner with emphasis in cultivation of breath and mindful movement while remaining challenging and strong. She firmly believes that we can’t rush subtle energetics throughout our body nor the many benefits resulting from a regular practice; we must settle in, be patient and do our work to fully experience yoga. Her classes feature playful sequencing, contemporary music and close with deeply relaxing guided meditations. Her multi-faceted approach results in a well balanced physical practice, higher state of consciousness and joyful being.
In 2013 she founded Mantra Yoga in Danvers, MA. a home for all levels of practitioners and a place to explore their practice while being supported within a welcoming community. Where physical fitness is a benefit of practice and not the only goal. Where balance through variety of styles, movement and techniques work to restore our body. Where sweat comes from work of breath, building internal fire, rather then coming from a heating vent. Where philosophy is gently offered rather then forced. A home most importantly, where community is the nectar from which we all grow and feed our souls.
Marlena’s Mantra: Those who dare to believe they can effect change in the world are the one’s who do.
Join Marlena and special guest teachers to explore the deeper dimensions of your practice.
- Tuition includes a 10 class pass for use in any Mantra yoga class for use during your training and unlimited studio classes with Marlena.
- All applicants must attend at least 1 class with Marlena prior to application.
- Application to this program does not guarantee acceptance. Our program is more then just a teacher training it is a mentoring relationship that is ongoing into your new teaching career.
- Acceptance and completion of this training is not a guarantee of a teaching position at Mantra Yoga.
- Mantra Yoga 200 HR Teacher Training is recognized by the Yoga Alliance and adheres to its guidelines. In order to receive a certificate of completion participants must complete the minimum requirements of in-class hours. Students who miss in-class hours may be required to make up the hours privately with the lead teacher at an additional expense in addition to the fee of this program or may be required to make up the work studied (depending on the topic missed). Students who miss multiple days of training may be subject to retake the course in it’s entirety with the additional program tuition fee.
Tuition does not include the costs of books required for this training. Reading list will be provided upon acceptance into the training.
- Regular weekends hours (6): Fri: 6pm-9pm, Sat: 8am-5pm, Sun: 9am-2pm
- Immersion Weekends hours (2) : Friday – Sunday: 8am – 5pm
- January 5-7th
- January 19 -21, Anatomy Immersion weekend
- February 2-4 and 23-25
- March 9-11, Methodology Immersion weekend
- March 23-25
- May 11-13 and 25-27
- Jun 9th: Saturday, 11am-5pm Graduation day.
I’m ready, now what do I do?
- Submit your $500 deposit.
- Email your application and head shot as directed in the Teacher Training Application.
- Once approved, you will receive a Teacher Training Welcome email with further instruction.
$2800 : Early Bird (paid in full by early registration deadline date)
$3100: Paid in full by start of training
$3300: with payment plan of seven automatic payments of $400 (after initial deposit) per month via credit card. Payment plan available upon request.
(above investment includes $500 deposit at time of application)
Sign up for our Teacher Training Updates and important information regarding this training.
- 15 additional in studio class hours with Marlena in addition to course weekends and according to your personal schedule and before the completion of the course.
- Homework: Reading and writing assignments
- Group Seva project
- Daily Personal practice
- Daily Meditation