Private Yoga Sessions
Explore the benefits of a deeply rewarding and knowledgeable personal practice. Private lessons are the key to deepening your individual practice and cultivating your personal needs and desired goals.
- We provide you a custom designed personal practice and plans to fit into your daily schedule.
- Unlike group classes, private lessons are designed and developed specifically for you, your individual abilities and growth.
Everyone benefits from one on one guidance.
Private Therapeutic Yoga Sessions
A 30 minute consultation is required prior to booking your first PTYS with Marlena. The consultation investment will be credited toward your PTYS package upon booking your PTYS within 30 days of consultation.
Therapeutic Yoga sessions are uniquely designed for each individuals specific physical needs that include customized, accessible daily practices.
Sessions may include:
- Restorative postures to clear energetic blockages
- Yin postures to lubricate joints and increase range of motion passively.
- Hatha postures for strengthening area’s of instability.
- Meditation for clarity and mindfulness.
- Pranayama for increased breath and flow of energy.
- Reiki for energetic clearing and restoration.
Your PTYS includes:
- Three 60 minute privates sessions in studio.
- Take home practices
- Biweekly assessments for tracking progress and adjustments as needed.
- One: 30 minute consultation : $25 (discounted from PTYS package when first private session is booked within 30 days)
- Three: 60 minute sessions: $180
Forty eight hours advance written notice is required to reschedule your PTYS for another time. Should you miss your appointment or reschedule late you will forfeit your session.
Private Reiki Session
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
During your Reiki session you will receive energetic realignment while resting comfortably and fully clothed
on a treatment table or sitting comfortably supported in a chair. Reiki is offered through light, non-invasive touch as Marlena’s hands are placed and held on a series of locations on your head, torso and limbs.
Receiving Reiki is a wonderfully passive experience. Don’t try to relax, just let the Reiki relax you. Your state will shift quite naturally as the session proceeds. Meanwhile feel free to daydream, enjoy the music, or simply observe your breath or the sensations of the therapy.
How does if feel?
Though deeply relaxing the experience of Reiki is subjective, changeable, and sometimes very subtle. People often experience heat in the area of hand placement, but sometimes the area feels refreshingly cool. Other common experiences are subtle pulsations where the practitioner’s hands are placed or cascading waves of pulsations throughout your body.
As the session progresses, you will feel more relaxed. If you become uncomfortable, you can adjust your position at any time. Be sure to ask for anything that will add to your comfort, such as additional support under your knees or a blanket. This is your special time and your practitioner is there to help you.
An interesting study reported that recipients frequently feel that they are hovering in a threshold state of consciousness, simultaneously aware of their surroundings and deeply indrawn. Some people fall into a deep, sleeplike meditative state. Sometimes the experience of Reiki is dramatic, while for other people, the first session in particular may be uneventful, although they feel somehow better afterward. The most common experience is an almost immediate release of stress and a feeling of deep relaxation.
Reiki is cumulative and even people who don’t notice much the first time usually have progressively deeper experiences if they continue. Besides the immediate experience of the Reiki, you may notice other changes that continue to unfold as the day goes on: perhaps stronger digestion, a sense of being more centered and poised and less reactive, and sleeping deeply that night.
What happens after the session?
Do not expect a diagnosis, as that is not part of Reiki. Some practitioners may make common sense suggestions for after-care, such as drinking water and following your body’s needs.
Although people typically leave a Reiki session feeling refreshed, sometimes they notice feeling more tired in the evening than usual. This is not viewed as an adverse reaction, but rather as the body’s natural healing response, something to be heeded. People commonly report a sense of calm and mental clarity and sleeping well after Reiki.
What does Reiki Mean?
The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words – Rei which means “God’s Wisdom or the Higher Power” and Ki which is “life force energy”. So Reiki is actually “spiritually guided life force energy.”
A treatment feels like a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through and around you. Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind and spirit creating many beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and wellbeing. Many have reported miraculous results.
Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone can use. It has been effective in helping virtually every known illness and malady and always creates a beneficial effect. It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery.
- Single 60 minute session: $65
- Three 60 minute sessions: $180
Vedic Thai Yoga Bodywork
Thai Yoga Bodywork is often referred to as assisted yoga and is a combination of acupressure and yoga stretching techniques that employs manipulation of your body’s muscles, pressure points and energy lines to clear energy blockages and balance the body’s energy.
Quiet and deeply relaxing, your session with Marlena will incorporate manipulation of your joints through their full range of motion, deeply stretch muscle and release tension throughout your connective tissues leaving you feeling refreshed and aligned.
Thai Yoga Bodywork is performed on a cushioned floor mat. Loose-fitting, comfortable clothing is worn by the client at all times, and no creams or oils are used.
Benefits of Thai Yoga Bodywork:
• Relieves muscle tension and soreness
• Increases blood circulation, lowers blood pressure
• Helps detoxification of the body and boosts immune system
• Improves breathing
• Reduces stress and relieves anxiety
• Increases flexibility and range of motion
• Improves posture, balance and corrects body alignments
• Releases energy blockage and balances mind, body and spirit
- Single 60 minute session: $95
- Three 60 minute sessions: $240
Meditation, well-known as a method for releasing stress, is also a simple, yet powerful way to reconnect with our own basic awareness and goodness.
Private sessions with Marlena help you begin a meditation practice or renew your commitment to meditation practices, deepening your understanding of the practice and refining your technique for better results.
The sessions with Marlena incorporate various techniques and methods to explore the cumulative benefits of training your mind to be calm and clear.
- Yoga Nidra or yogic sleep
- Shamatha or mindfulness meditation
- Metta or loving kindness meditation
- Tonglen or exchanging self and others
- Mantra or Vedic meditation
- Custom-made methods for developing strength, stability, clarity, and a kind, open heart.
- Single 60 minute session: $65
- Three 60 minute sessions: $180
- Individual Private Lesson
- Group Class: (3 -5 people)
- Group Class: ( 6 -10 people)
- Specialty Group Classes
- Corporate Group Lessons
Whether you seek to gain strength, improve range of motion, work with injury or deepen your meditation practices, we can provide you with the various tools and techniques to reach your desired results.
Speak with Marlena in studio and/or fill out our private lesson form below and we’ll contact you to create your custom plan.