- How long have you been practicing? 2 1/2 years
- How did you find your way onto your mat? It was on my "to do" list and a friend told me about the nearby studio that opened. By the way, we joined together but now I go alone because her schedule has gotten very busy. Miss you Elizabeth!
- How often do you practice? 2-4 times per week
- What is your favorite posture? I honestly don't have a favorite and find most of them challenging, so instead I will share my greatest achievement to date. It falls under the category of never say never. I actually did a headstand several months ago. I don't know who was more surprised, me or Danielle. Her coaching is what made it possible. I felt like I was walking on air when I left the studio that night. I haven't done as well since but know that someday I will.
- What have you learned on your yogic journey? I have learned and am still in the process of learning how to be patient with myself and how to continue to improve my breathing to relax into the postures (versus wrestling myself into a pose).
- What advice would you share with someone who is new to yoga? Be patient. Try not to compare yourself to others (it's really difficult not to). Realize that you will have good days and challenging days. Modify the poses if you have an injury or to prevent an injury. When you find yourself facing the opposite way of everyone else (and, it will happen sooner or later), act like that was your intent (nobody else cares).
- What benefits have you received from practicing yoga? I am much more flexible. The quality of my breathing has improved.
- What's your favorite thing about practicing at Mantra Yoga? The support I receive from the teachers and fellow students and the health benefits.